This is a public workshop that everyone can attend. We encourage you to make it out as this will be the final workshop before the decision is made for the alignment of the GreenLine going through Ramsay. Once they have the alignment then there will be workshops on the TOD for Inglewood, Ramsay and the Crossroads station.
Archive for the ‘Living in Ramsay’ category
When: 2015 January 20 3:00 PM-8:00 PM
Where: Fort Calgary
- Drop in style Public Information Sessions (one in each of the three project areas) open to all interested members of the public
- Present introductory information to the public covering the following topics:
- Public Engagement: What was heard in previous engagement & how has input been used to inform the current Preliminary Engineering & TOD Studies? What are the aims of the upcoming engagement, & how people can participate
- Preliminary Engineering: What is the focus of this project, including the approved alignment & suggested alternatives in three areas; staging BRT to LRT; baseline info about BRT & Low Floor Vehicles; maps to show station areas and what are the parameters of the urban design for those areas;
- Transit Oriented Development: What are the parameters of the TOD study; define “transit villages” & provide some examples
- Public Art: How the public art process will work for this project
- Collect initial comments about issues & concerns for all aspects of this project
- Solicit participation for future engagement activities, i.e. workshops and charettes
Other Venues and Dates
January 21, 2015: Cranston Community Centre – 11 Cranarch Road Southeast
January 22, 2015: Glenmore Inn – 2720 Glenmore Trail SE
wednesday night at the ramsay hall you can get your kids into an exiting program of outdoor adventure and skills!
kids from 5-14 can come out and get signed up for the year for only $40! wow, not that many programs out there for kids like this at that price.
wednesday sept 10th 7pm
lower hall of the ramsay community centre.
call rick if you have any questions or you are not able to make it out tomorrow night. 403.278.2547
rick ryan has been working with the kids of ramsay, inglewood and other south east communities for over 20 years. we are very lucky to have such a great leader for our kids.
at last night’s general meeting it was brought up that some residents had received by mail information about enmax planning transmission lines along 11th st se. here is information about the planning.
this is a big issue so please let your voice be heard. you can go to the open house at fort calgary on sept 9th or email in your comments. have a look at the flyer and be heard!
I came across this great video about complete streets that I had to share. It’s about New York’s implementation of the Dutch bicycle life style. How do you give the car, bike and pedestrian equal rights on the streets? Check it out. They seem to be successful.
We are very excited to invite you to the third ‘Ramsay Inspiration‘ event. Calgary’s own sustainability expert, Chris Turner, will be speaking about sustainable neighbourhoods and helping us understand what that means, what it looks like and how we can get there ourselves.
Please come and join us for what promises to be a very special evening.
Saturday April 13th
Ramsay Upper Hall
1136 – 8 st se
The event will book up quickly so please go to eventbrite and get your tickets now, they’re free.
Please note that there will be no access to 21 Ave SE off of 11 St SE.
Detours will be set up for local traffic including traffic accessing the Lilydale facility.
Please contact the Ward 9 office at 403.268.5330 or by email at email@example.com with any further questions